school progress is dependent upon regular attendance. Absences or tardies are
either excused or unexcused.
tardies and absences:(CA Ed. Code 46011)
- Having medical, dental, or optometrical services rendered with a
- Attending funeral services of a member of the pupil's immediate
other tardies and absences are legally defined as unexcused.
absent, please follow these procedures:
- Have your parent/guardian telephone the school, 377-2532, ext. 3,
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and
leave a message by 9:30 a.m. on each day of the absence.
message should include:
relationship to the student.
- If your parent/guardian does not telephone the school, you must
bring a note on the day you return.
note should have:
date/s of absence.
- Take the note to the attendance window before the tardy bell so
as not to be late for class.
following forms of absences are classified as truancies :
- Absent from school without a valid excuse.
- Leaving the school site during the school day without permission.
- Staying out of class without permission.
- Tardy in excess of 30 minutes
on three or more days during the school year without a doctor's note.
Absences not cleared within four days will be considered a truancy and
student will be assigned a Saturday school detention.
to school: (First bell 8:25 a.m.)
- Students must be in their classrooms and be seated by 8:30 a.m., or they
will be marked tardy. Students arriving to school between 8:30 and 8:45
a.m. are to report directly to their first period class.
- After 8:45 a.m. all students are to report to the attendance office where
a tardy slip will be issued.
- Students may not call home to have a tardy excused.
tardy consequences include :
tardy Classroom/teacher consequence.
tardy Thirty minute after school detention.
- 7th + tardies One hour detention, not eligible for
Pride of the Panther trip.
tardy One hour detention.
tardy One hour detention.
tardy Two hour Saturday detention, parents telephoned
tardy Four hour Saturday detention, parents telephoned.
additional tardy One hour Saturday detention, parents telephoned.
late for school One hour detention and telephone call to parents
on each occurrence.
Study Contract for absences out of town exceeding five days.
purpose of this contract is to excuse absences.)
- Fill out independent study contract at the attendance office at
least six days prior to departure.
- Completed homework and contract must be returned to attendance office
by 8:30 a.m. on the day of return.
- Please contact Ms. Berry to
answer your questions (377-2532 Ext. 3).
return to top
return to Price Main