*Academic Advisor: Mrs. Esther Tokihiro
Price Promotion Requirements
Students are required to meet the following critieria for promotion from Price:
1. Attain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 1.5 overall. Failing five or more classes during the year will require a compulsory summer school. Language Arts classes are counted as two grades per quarter.
2. Attend school regularly (absent no more than 30 days total for the year).
3. Maintain appropriate behavior during all four quarter of the eighth grade school year. Unacceptable behaviors include:
4. School personnel will notify students and their parents each grading quarter if the student's grade point average falls below 1.5, or if absences exceed 10 days.
5. Students not meeting these requirements may earn a diploma by successfully completing an academic summer school at a high school.
6. Appeals by students and their
parents may be made to Mrs. Negrete, Chairman of the 8th Grade Committee,
if the above requirements are not being met and ceremony participation is in jeopardy.
|Ida Price Middle School 2650 New Jersey Ave., San Jose, CA 95124 Phone: (408) 377-2532 Fax: (408) 377-7406|